I've got quite a few Master Grade Unicorn Gundams in my collection. By last count I'm at 12 including the Banshee variants. When I picked up the last three for a bit of a project I was challenged on Reddit to build one without the manual. It wasn't the first time someone threw that task out there so I thought I'd give it a go.
Preparation was easy, take all the of the runners with applicable parts and cut & trim all the pieces. I didn't do any of the weapons because I haven't decided whether I'm going to use them or trade them out quite yet. I've already got more Beam Magnum rounds than I know what to do with. I made things a bit more difficult for myself by including both the Ver. Ka and OVA parts in the mix.
Ah, here it is. My latest Gundam Unicorn creation, a Banshee more specifically, themed in the lovable Titan's colour scheme. Blue and gold has always been one of my favorite schemes, well before I saw Zeta Gundam ages ago. To see this kit come together and look pretty damn amazing, with the yellow details here and there, is a long time coming. The project was envisioned months ago before I convinced PatrickGrade (of GundamGuy fame) to part with his Banshee.
His contribution, long with my FA Unicorn/Banshee frame swap, allowed for the kit to be built with two claws. I like how they look closed, almost like a giant fist, so I decided to display this kit with one closed and the other open. I'm not a fan of the built in beam cannons so those aren't like to make it onto any upcoming Unicorn projects of my own. They could make for a good mod/kitbash somewhere down the line. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how this project turned out.
With her completion she's been officially designated the NUnicorn. A silly, yet endearing name. It's okay, because I prefer the nickname 'Noon.'
Last WIP shots for this project. In fact, most of it is almost done, just a key few pieces currently baking. I just wanted to snap a few shots now. For whtaever reason, when this kit is sans arms, you can really see Katoki's love of long legs.
Things are slowly coming along. I've been having some trouble painting key orange pieces yellow. I'm probably going to have to prime all of them on my Titans Unicorn. :/