Gundam UC

PG Banshee Gundam - WIP Update

Body: 

It's been a long while since I've posted anything Gunpla related. This has been partly because I've been super busy, and partly because the kit I've been working on has been yet another Perfect Grade. This time, it's the PG Banshee. Since I'm not attempting to build this in a single week, like my last PG Unicorn, this one has taken ages. The first paint tests took place a whopping 3 months ago. The backpack and beam magnum got finished a month ago while I only finished the torso yesterday. If all goes well, I'll finish this kit by the end of the month. In the meantime, here's how things are currently looking...

Elyn Hobby 1/100 Kshatriya - Torso and Arms Complete

Body: 

An overwhelming sense of doom.

That's what I'm feeling right now. While I should be pleased that this build is now officially a third of the way complete and things turned out okay I can't get past the fact that the kit's LEDs are royally fucked.

Before I get into that, how about a few pictures...

 

Elyn Hobby 1/100 Kshatriya - Torso ready for top coat

Body: 

After a couple weeks of prep and paint the torso is ready for top coat and final assembly.

I think I spent more time prepping the kit for paint than any other I’ve worked on up until this point. I feel like every piece on this kit has flashing issues. Some of the problem areas I didn’t notice until after the first coat of primer. Some I didn’t notice until after I had finished painting and started on detailing. Hopefully the ones I wasn’t able to fully clean won’t be too noticeable when all is said and done.

I didn’t do much modification on any components as dry fit issues were more with things staying together than going together at all. I did fill in some awkward gaps on the front of the kit. I sort of messed up the lining on that part in the process because I wasn’t paying attention though.

 

Pages