It's the new year, and time for some new pictures of my PG Strike Freedom.
I've finally finished building out everything except for the weapons and massive wings. The color scheme has been finalized (for the most part) and decals are on their way (a second order, hopefully the last).
In the above photo note the discoloration on the fingers. That's the difference between the color of the plastic and the gold paint that Bandai coated 'em in. The patchy discoloration is a result of sanding down the nubs. I've read that people have complained about how the fingers aren't cast as one solid piece as was the case with previous PG kits. I don't have that same complaint. Putting them together was easy and the fact that I can take them apart means that getting a proper coat of paint will be easy.
A new set of LR41 batteries are on their way as well, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I since the PG Strike Freedom uses the same light set included in the Ignition Exia (also sold separately) I decided to throw that in to see how the green looks.
It seems that the green is brighter than the yellow, but it doesn't look as good. For the final product, I might make the eyes red. Not sure about which way to go. Anyhow, more photos!