I've been making decent progress on my clear PG Zaku, though I ran into issues.
The torso and waist armor were both given coats of Tamiya's Smoke, clear black paint. They booth looked exactly the same prior to the dull coat, but one received the tail end of a Mr. Super Clear Flat can while the other was coated with a fresh one. For whatever reason the waist armor stayed the proper colour and the torso developed an odd blue tint. This is the first time I've applied top coat over a piece using clear paint so I'm not sure where to begin in identifying the project. Since this kit is something I'm doing to just work the idea out of my system, and there's nothing I can really do to fix the pieces aside from ordering new ones, I've decided fretting over it isn't worth the time. There are plenty of other gunpla projects to be anal over!
The arms are almost finished, a few more internal details that I want to paint and I can pop on the armor and clear coat. I'm also prepping the various weapons for paint. They'll be flat black, like the rest of the kit's non-clear parts. Not the most exciting job but it's in tune with the rest of the scheme.