There are a lot of great news sites for Gunpla, Gundam, and other Japanese plamo... but they tend to be in Japanese if you want the hot scoops. My go to sites are
Your best source for English language updates, outside of your local community, is Gundam Kits Collection.
- Dalong is my go to for kit reviews. This Korean site has detailed photos and reviews of nearly every Gundam model kit out there, complete with manual scans and part breakdowns. It's probably the most vaulable resource for collectors and builders out there.
- Gaijin Gunpla
There's also a hundred different YouTube reviewers these days. You should check out the r/Gunpla wiki for a list of some of the more popular channels.
- Danny Choo's Gundam Modeling Tutorial - A fantastic one page tutorial that covers everything you need to know to put together a great looking kit. Beginner to intermediate.
- FitchenFoo's How to Build Master Grade Gundams - One of the best modelers out there, FitchenFoo runs through how to build a kit from start to finish. Beginner to intermediate.
- Gamera Baenre - An epic collection of tutorials, most with videos. Intermediate to advanced.
- The Ghost of Zeon: How-To - Ghost of Zeon offers a unique collection of tutorials you won't see anywhere else. Intermediate to advanced.
- DC23 Mech Art's Tutorials - There is no better resource for those looking to build their own diorama. Intermediate to advanced.
- Good Guy Dan's Tutorials - Great tutorials that cover a number of common problems folks face
The most comprehensive list of tutorials out there is over on the r/Gunpla wiki. If there's something you're looking for specifically start there.
Builder Blogs & Vlogs
There are so many great builders out there. This is far from a comprehensive list. Most of my time it spent on r/Gunpla or one of the Discord communities linked below.
- Gaijin Gunpla
- Good Guy Dan
- Bad Gunpla
- God.Finger (Instagram feed with some of the best custom work out there)
- Gundam Australia Forum - A HLJ community filled with friendly builders from all skill levels.
- Zero-G - A Malaysian gunpla community with a ton of professional builders.
- r/Gunpla - Reddit's own Gunpla community
Translated Model Kit Color Guides - Most gunpla manuals include a little listing of paint ratios for an optimal color match. Unfortunately, they're in Japanese... fortunately, Mech 9 has some translations.
For a list of stores check out Buying Kits & Their Levels
- Log in to post comments